avengers

avengers

Monday, June 20, 2016

Jilbabers Story #15

Well, I started to wear jilbab when I was a first grader. Actually, it's not easy to wear jilbab in a non-moslem society. But, because of the city where I lived has a big number of moslem, jilbab wasn't a strange thing there. My father told the school that I was going to wear jilbab. School said I could wear it as long as it doesn't disturb my activities at school. I remember that only me and my best friend from Malaysia wore jilbab at my class. My mother even made a similar jilbab for both of us. I also remember that one of my teacher also wore jilbab.
Since then, I always wear jilbab.  When I came back to Indonesia, I entered a public school near my house. Interestingly there was actually no student wearing jilbab. Jilbab back then was not as popular as now. Not too many people wearing it, but I did expect a lot when I came here because Indonesia has the biggest number of moslem in the world. But since I entered that school, a lot of students start wearing it too. I was glad that I wasn't the only one.
Some people might think that we receive any kind of bad treat living as moslem in the foreign country. Since I was too young, I can't remember clearly. But, I'm sure nothing bad happened. There are a variety of ethnic, nationality even religion in that city that lived in peace. I learned one thing about it, the more diverse the society is, the more tolerant we become. Do you agree? Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment