avengers

avengers

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Fan War (My 1st One) #21

This is a really 'childish war' that usually happens between two fandoms, in this term K-pop fandoms. It typically happens when a person comments an article in such inappropriate way by talking bad about other groups or trying to compare their fav group with other group. It becomes a fan war when other fans from other fandom replying to the comment to defend their idol group. For some people, it is about the pride of their idol. Some of them act like they speak behalf of their fandom, but actually they often humiliate their own fandom by writing rude comments to other fans and their idols.  

I once involved in a fan war. Well, actually it was not a fan war. I spent my night commenting in many articles saying that uri oppa is not wrong. It happened when Ikon released their light stick which the color was orange. SHINHWA's leader, uri Eric-oppa took action by writing on their facebook , addressing to any junior K-pop group if possible, try not using orange since it is used by SHINHWA and SHINHWA CHANGJO for 18 years. Then a lot of people (international fans) commented that Eric is childish, why Eric should say that, I used to like you before, do you own orange? So am I prohibited to wear any orange color in my body? Act like a senior, etc. I was reading those comments and I felt really really mad. I wasn't mad because of the color, but because they judge Eric like they really know the situation. (Ugh my anger is slowly rising now. Lol.)  Eric is the CEO of SHINHWA company and I think it is really appropriate for Eric to speak on behalf Shinhwa members and the fans. Is it childish? Eric even wrote down his name on his post, showing that he himself was responsible enough to write that statement in their official facebook page. If he was childish, he wouldn't write his name, letting the post being anonymous. The comments were really childish because a lot of them comment like, you don't own that color. Cant I wear orange as my clothes or even underwear? Dont wear orange, guys. SHINHWA owns orange. I was laughing ironically. The issue was about official light stick color, not your underwear color, you silly. For Kpop group, color is their identity, their pride. I feel bad when people say it's only a color. No, it's not. It's more than that, guys.

The side effect of the fan war that I found it hard to sleep, my hearts beat faster and my anger was rising really high. It's not healthy, guys. I think most of us have a tendency to defend our fandom, but it is important to be wise. Try control our emotion before involving in a fan was which is somehow tiring and immature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment