avengers

avengers

Friday, June 24, 2016

International Fan Problem #19

I've been deeply into Korean pop and drama for many years, I guess 8 years. It was SHINee's MV, Ring Ding Dong, which turned me into a fangirl. I remember playing the MVs several times a day just to watch Keys face. Yes, I was a Lockets before I fangirl over Choi Minho. I spent my senior high school days as a SHINee fan. Fortunately it was not only me but there were also Upa and Taeri (Najongers) who also liked SHINee. After graduating from senior high school, I liked Big Bang then Exo. Now, I'm a SHINHWA and BTS fan. Ehehe.

As a person who has been fangirling for years, I'll tell you some problems that usually happen and bother us, international fan. Hehe. The first one is no subtitle when watching Korean programs. Luckily nowadays a lot of people include the fandom sub the videos, but back then it was somehow rare. So sometimes we have to wait for a long time or even just watching it without knowing what they say. Yes, we kinda use telepathy to know what our oppa is saying. LOL. So, I'm really grateful to all subbers out there who dedicate their time and energy just to sub the videos. It's really really really helpful. The second one is you have to spend a lot money, at least to buy internet package for downloading videos, dramas. I have to tell you, internet package for Korean fangirl is something crucial. It's better not to buy new clothes rather than being kudet. It becomes more essential since I become a BTS fan. They often release videos and I feel like I'm really kudet if I don't update their news. You also have to spend a lot of money buying their albums, dvds, merchs. Third, it's really hard to see our oppa. You need to spend money (again) to be in their concert or fanmeeting. It is harder when you live far away from the capital city of your country. Hiks. I envy Korean fans that bump into the idols on street/cafĂ©/shop and took a selca or ask for their sign. It's really sad. 

Those are the main problems I think. I'm sure there are more. Can I ever watch their concert, meet them, take a selca or even stare at their face? Heol. Hahaha let's start saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment